Q&A

[Online TESOL] Questions about quiz 5 and Midterm exam

Page

Name Jun Woo Kwon Date18-03-26 13:30 View4,138 Comment6

Content

Good to see you again, Allan!

My questions are as follows:

1. quiz 5 #9
First of all, I am really wondering which parts I made odd English mistakes. Please let me know if you can^^;;

2. Midterm exam
#3 : I basically thought it is recommended that we put important information on the middle of the board instead of margin.
#14 : I thought a structure table can be used both at presentation and practice stage. So, I just thought it depends on how teachers plan his or her lesson.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Jun Woo Kwon,

Let's take a look at your questions:

quiz 5, #9:  could you please repost your answer here?  Unfortunately I can't re-check it.  After you repost it, I'll point out and fix the mistakes.

Midterm, #3:  this is a really tricky question, and honestly I don't like it very much.  Anyhow, when using the blackboard, we can refer to structures as the "main information".  "Important information" on the other hand includes vocabulary, and therefore we put important information on the side of the board/in the margins.

#14:  Good point, but the structure table can only really be used for repetition.  For other practice activities, it is unnecessary. 

Anyhow, I hope that helps, and please repost your full answer for quiz 5, question #9.  I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Have a good day!

Jun Woo Kwon님의 댓글

Jun Woo Kwon 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

Oh! I see.
quiz 5, #9: My original answer was as follows:
The six different stages that can be included in a lesson are presentation, practice, production, reading, listening, and review. Each stage could let students learn and practice of new vocabulary & structures more efficiently. In addition, each stage could provide a teacher creative lesson procedures more easily.

Um....... I carefully read it again after I got your advice. Honestly, I kind of feel a little awkward in the first sentence. Besides, using 'let' and 'provide' are also seem slightly awkward I guess. So, I just rewrote it as follows:

When we prepare our lesson, the six possible stages can be presentation, practice, production, reading, listening, and review. Each stage could get students to learn and practice of new vocabulary & structures more efficiently. In addition, each stage could help a teacher create lesson procedures more easily.

please let me know if it is different from what I expected, sir!

P.S.) Have you talked to your manager about confirmation E-mails & the wrongly displayed word 'deploma' which has to be 'diploma'?
I'm pretty sure you are busy for a lot of work to do.
So, I sent a email to online@gcc-canada.com a few days ago to ask those problems. But I haven't received a reply yet.

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Hi again Jun Woo Kwon,

Thanks for reposting your answer.  I like what you rewrote, but I would change it just a bit:  "... Each stage could get students to learn and practice new vocabulary & structures more efficiently" (I would just remove "of" as it is unnecessary).  Other than that, looks great!

Oh, and yes, I did talk to my Manager about how "diploma" was misspelt.  I am sure that they asked someone to change it, so I am surprised it hasn't been changed yet.  Anyhow, I'll talk to them again, and hopefully it will get changed soon. 

Well, hope that helps and have a good day!

Jun Woo Kwon님의 댓글

Jun Woo Kwon 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

Hey, Allan!
Using preposition sometimes makes me crazy ^^;;

Anyhow, I am still wondering about confirmation E-mails. This webpage says, " If I finish Quizzes, Tests, and Final Assignment, I will get confirmation E-mails after completing every step." As you can see, I have finished to Midterm exam so far, but I haven't received any confirmation E-mail.

Many thanks and hope you have a good day, sir!

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Hey again Jun Woo Kwon,

Hmm, honestly I have no idea about that, but if it says that it should do that, it should do that!  I'll mention this to my Manager.  Perhaps it is a new function that hasn't been set in place yet.

Oh, and yeah, prepositions are probably one of the hardest aspects of English to master.  Just try your best!

Anyhow, thanks for informing me of this again and have a good day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors