Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Questions for using proper word, quiz7 & quiz8

Page

Name JUN WOO KWON Date18-03-30 10:46 View3,575 Comment5

Content

Hi again, Allan!

1. A question arises during taking your lesson, sir! I wanna ask you the difference by using  the words 'get', 'let', 'make' and 'have' in some cases.
Of course, I know each word has its own unique usage! However, in the case of the following four example sentences, I feel like they have all same meaning.
ex)
If students make tiny mistakes, get them correct themselves!
If students make tiny mistakes, let them correct themselves!
If students make tiny mistakes, have them correct themselves!
If students make tiny mistakes, make them correct themselves!

I'm not sure whether they have all same meaning or not.

2. quiz7 #2
I thought teachers are not afraid of students' errors. Because they can correct them in an encouraging way eventually. So, I chose this one as an answer I guess.

3. quiz8 #2
It's about advantages of communicative activities. I basically thought communicative activities are more like freer than controlled. So, I chose this one as an answer!

Unfortunately, all choices are not displayed. I'm pretty sure what my answer was but I'm not sure what the rest of the choices are about.

Thanks a lot and have a wonderful day, sir!

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Jun Woo Kwon,

Sorry about the late response; it was Easter here over the weekend and I was busy with family.  Anyhow, let's take a look at your questions:

1.)  You're right, all of the sentences you created, whether using 'get', 'make', 'have', and 'let', each sentence has the same essential meaning.  However, the first sentence should be, "If students make tiny mistakes, get them to correct themselves!". 

2.)  You're right, teachers shouldn't be afraid of their students making errors, but they usually are anyways.  What was the full question?

3.)  What was the question again?

Anyhow, sorry about responding so late to your question and please repost the full questions if you can!

JUN WOO KWON님의 댓글

JUN WOO KWON 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

Oh! Hope I didn't interrupt your happy Easter day, sir!
As far as I know, Easter day is the real christian festival, isn't it?
Anyhow, I'll repost each of the questions as below :

quiz7 #2 All of the following are true except :
quiz8 #2 All of the following are advantages of communicative activities except :

Again, all choices are not displayed. So, I can't see and check the rest of the choices on my screen actually. I just remember what my answer was, sir!

Thanks all the time and hope you enjoy the rest of the holidays, Allan!

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Hey again,

Sorry, I forgot to check back!  Anyhow, it is still hard for me to answer here because I am also not able to check the options.  I'll try to eventually get back to you on these two questions, but it might take a while since I'm busy.

Sorry I can't help right now, but I'll eventually get around to it.  Have a good day!

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Hi again Jun Woo Kwon,

I'll have to message the Manager and see if I can get access to all the answers.  The Manager is currently in South Korea on vacation, so I doubt they will respond quickly, but we'll see!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors