Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] question for Module 5 quiz

Page

Name EUNJI LEE Date18-11-12 04:15 View3,626 Comment1

Content

Hello, I have a little bit confuse about question 7. Flashcards can be used for both presenting vocabulary and helping to present new structures.
the answer is 'true', but I checked 'false', and it was wrong answer.
I understand it can be used for presenting vocabulary, but can not understand well about 'helping to present new structures'. Even in the video, Teacher Allan explains only about vocabulary examples. Please kindly answer about this if I miss something from my understanding.

thank you! :)

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Eun Ji Lee,

That's a good question, and I can understand your confusion. 

While you are right that I did not talk about using flashcards to help to present structures, and only focused on presenting vocabulary, it would make sense that flashcards could also be used as an aid in presenting structures.  Remember, that it is only used to help present a structure.  So, you could have the structure on a flashcard and present it to students at the beginning of your presentation.  Also remember, that it is not used to explain the meaning of the structure, just simply to present it. 

Anyhow, one of the reasons I did not talk about presenting structures on flashcards is because I personally do not often do it.  However, it can be done, and it can be useful. 

Well, I hope that makes sense, and if not, please post again!  Have a nice day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors