Q&A

[Online TESOL] Hi Allan,

Page

Name park haewon Date19-02-28 08:12 View3,407 Comment4

Content

Hopefully you are doing well!

I have a question module 6 q4
questions designed to get students to use their imaginations are great because:

Could you please advise why my answer is wrong..? I thought accuracy is required when eliciting voca...

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Park Hae Won,

Actually, when we ask questions to get students to use their imaginations, we are not eliciting.  Eliciting is different.  Eliciting is about getting students to guess words by asking questions or by giving them hints.  Questions that get students to use their imagination do what they say, they get students to use their imagination.  These questions don't have an answer; students can say whatever they think.  If I say, "look at the picture and guess what the man is thinking", there is no answer.  So, basically, these questions focus on improving fluency, not accuracy.

Well, I hope that makes sense, if not, please post again and have a wonderful day!

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi again Park Hae Won,

Oh dear, that is a big problem.  Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention, because this is wrong!  I will have to get our technical administrator to change this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we owe you a mark.  It usually takes a while to change a quiz mark for someone, so, how about instead of changing this mark, I give you an extra mark on your final assignment?  Would you be okay with that?

Anyhow, sorry about the inconvenience and the error.  I will award you with an extra mark, and get this changed as soon as possible!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors