Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Lesson plan

Page

Name JI YUN AN Date20-04-07 09:00 View1,306 Comment6

Content

Good morning! Teacher :)
Actually, I can check lesson plan for midterm. So I was just wondering what difference between lesson plan for final assignment and lesson plan for midterm!:)
And I want to know how to prepare for each one.^^ 

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Ji Yun An,

Well the "lesson plan" for the midterm test is a very short one.  It just asks you how to present a structure or vocabulary, and what you would do for practice.  The final assignment asks you to create a real, 5 stage lesson plan and you must write in far more detail.  That's the difference basically.

Have a great day!

JI YUN AN님의 댓글

JI YUN AN 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

Thank you for your kindness!:)
Actually, final assignment is not easy for me ~ So I was just wondering if could we get some sample related to the final assignment?:)

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Hi again Ji Yun An,

As far as the final assignment is concerned, I recommend picking a grammar structure and vocabulary first, and then thinking about a theme or topic.  After that, you want to include 5 stages.  I recommend an introduction or review stage first, followed by a presentation, practice, and production stage.  Lastly, I recommend including a skill-based stage, such as listening, reading, speaking, or writing. 

I know that's a bit short, but I think it is pretty good advice.  Good luck!

JI YUN AN님의 댓글

JI YUN AN 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Thanks again!:)
I studied “Lesson10: Planning a lesson”  today. and I wanted to know something about writing. I don’t know if writing is practice or production because  I learned free substitution, which is practice part.
For your information, This is description about clothes in lesson 10.

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Hi again Ji Yun An,

It depends on the writing assignment and how closely it is related to the structure that you practiced.  If you are just getting students to write sentences using the structure, it is free substitution, and this should be part of a practice stage.  If you are asking students to write a paragraph, using the new structure and vocabulary, and you also provide them with a model text and/or oral prep, this is a writing activity and should be in a writing stage. 

Does that make sense?  If not, please post again and have a nice day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors