Glenn College
Q&A

[Business Interpretation (Advanced - ITT Level 1,2)] Module 6

Page

Name Won Jun Date20-08-11 01:13 View3,286 Comment1

Content

Good afternoon,

I have few questions regarding to Module 6, Korean to English translation

When comparing my answer and the answer from the lecture, I realized that some of the sentence translations were in different order. For example,

Module 6-1

11.수표의 서명이 의심스러우면 조회를 하는 것이 은행원의 일이다.
I translated it as; "It's a bank teller's duty to check if the signature on the cheque is suspicious."
However in the lecture it was the other way round. "Checking suspicious signatures on cheques is a bank teller's job."

12.마케팅에 최대한 노력을 하면 당신 제품은 적합한 틈새시장을 분명히 찾을 수 있을 것입니다.
My translation; "You will definitely find a niche market for your product if you do the best in marketing."
Lecture translation; "If you do your best in marketing, you will definitely find a niche market for your product."

17. John이 하는 말은 너무 막연해서 구체적인 정보를 얻기가 거의 불가능하다.
My translation; "It is almost impossible to get specific information because what John says is vague."
Lecture translation; "What John says is vague that getting specific information is almost impossible."

위의 문장들 처럼, 강의 내용에 나온 답변의 문법과 단어는 비슷하나 순서가 바뀐 경우에도 실제 시험에서 감점 요인이 되는지 궁금합니다.

Module 6-2 Passages
1.선적 지시서와 실제 선적 사이에 착오가 있다는 것이 확인되었습니다.
I translated it as "The discrepancy between shipment invoice and the actual shipment has been confirmed."
Lecture translation is; "We have confirmed the discrepancy between the shipment invoice and the actual shipment."

위에서 저는 subject = the discrepancy, 강의에서는 We 로 하였는데, 제가 한 것도 맞는지 궁금합니다.

2. 귀사의 의뢰인도 재정고문과 함께 동석하실 것으로 압니다.
My translation; "We are aware that your client will be there with their financial advisor."
Lecture translation; "We are aware your client will be there with their financial advisor."

여기 뿐만 아니라 저는 다른 문장 번역시에도 "that" 을 사용하였는데, 강의에서는 항상 "that"을 생략하더라고요. 혹시 꼭 생략해야하는건지, 아니면 써도 무방한지 궁금합니다.

I am left with my final exam and the actual ITT exam. I would like to know how much I have to score to get Grade 1 for the actual ITT certificate.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Comment list

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A