Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Thank you, teacher!

Page

Name Juyeong Choi Date20-09-15 05:19 View1,750 Comment1

Content

Dear, teacher!
I'm Juyeong Choi, a student who has completed all the test courses. I remember being very scared before I started the test, and I've already completed the six-week course. I had to take the class by doing 3 jobs at the same time, so I studied under the pressure of time, but I think I was able to finish the course safely because of the teacher's interesting class. It was fun to make jokes from time to time.
Before I started Tessol, I aimed to pass, but when I started the course, I paid attention to the score. I was disappointed and frustrated if my score wasn't higher than expected. Especially, I didn't understand the question exactly, so I was very embarrassed to answer it, but I tried to answer it with my own opinion. 
The last assignment leaves a lot of regrets. If I had more time, I would have been able to write it more meticulously, and in fact, I thought it would take a lot of time for this part, so I didn't finish the class video, so I think there were a lot of things that I missed. I didn't write it down specifically, but I didn't think that reading, writing, listening, and speaking parts were included in the class plan, so I didn't have to share them. I think reading the text through the textbook and listening to it are the basics. I didn't have to divide sections because I thought that the grammar that students learned in class was used to make their own sentences (writing), presenting it (speaking), listening to (listening) presentations by friends, and reading (reading) books were included properly. However, if we had divided this part into more details, it would have been a better class plan as you advised.
It was a Tesol course that I started to help self-development and future career without majoring in English, and it was good to learn many contents and tips. But I don't know if I can have a career using Tesol in the future because of my low score compared to my efforts. I've lost confidence, too. 
I think I need to work harder, not just effort. I'm learning a lot. Be healthy and happy, teacher.

Regard, Choi

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Dear Juyeong Choi,

Thank you for taking the time to express your gratitude towards me and the course; I really do appreciate it. 

I am glad to read that you were able to complete the course, even though you had a difficult time.  I understand how difficult it can be, especially for people like yourself who are working while taking the course at the same time.  Wow, you were working three jobs and taking the course?  That is simply incredible. 

Please do not have any regrets.  Although your final assignment would have been better if you had had more time, please do not feel bad.  I truly do understand your situation as I have been in the same situation in the past.  It is tough, but you did it Juyeong, so please do not feel so bad.  Remember, you learned a lot throughout the course, and also remember the fact that even if you do mistakes, you can always learn from those mistakes and do better in the future.  Even though you may not have gotten the highest score on your final assignment, please learn from your mistakes and use them to further improve yourself. 

Do not lose confidence.  You have managed to complete the course while working three jobs.  You should feel a sense of accomplishment.  Good for you Juyeong; cheer up, because hard-working people like yourself are almost always successful in the future. 

Sincerely,

Allan

P.S.  Stay safe and healthy as well!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs