Glenn College
Q&A

[Business Interpretation (Advanced - ITT Level 1,2)_New] Module 2 K to E Quiz feedback

Page

Name HEEJUNG LEE Date21-09-09 20:06 View1,576 Comment2

Content

Hello, first of all, I would like to say thank you so much for your detailed feedback. However, after reading your feedback, there was some confusion.
The score was deducted due to grammar errors, but in the teacher's lecture video, she interpreted using that expression.
  1. 세상을 뒤바꿀 다음번 대단한 스타트업의 주인공이 누가 될지를향한 관심은 언제나 뜨겁습니다.

... what will be the life changing startup in the next generation.

(Grammar errors -0.10)

I'm attaching the related photos.

0468de28980af5a9cae6af983d70cc6d3f4a0395

I would appreciate it if you could explain this part one more time.

In addition, I looked up the bolded words(especially difficult, suppliers)
for the correct pronunciation using English dictionary on Naver but I couldn't understand exactly what was different from my pronunciation. I'm really sorry, but I'd appreciate it if you could tell me the difference in pronunciation one more time about this part.

Very truly yours,

Comment list

Mason 님의 댓글

Mason 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hello Heejung,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Here are my answers to your questions!

————————————————————————
The score was deducted due to grammar errors, but in the teacher's lecture video, she interpreted using that expression.
1. 세상을 뒤바꿀 다음번 대단한 스타트업의 주인공이 누가 될지를향한 관심은 언제나 뜨겁습니다.

... what will be the life changing startup in the next generation.

(Grammar errors -0.10)

-> I believe this was a mistake on my end! I apologize for the mistake and thank you for bringing this up. Your mark will be updated shortly.

————————————————————————

In addition, I looked up the bolded words(especially difficult, suppliers)
for the correct pronunciation using English dictionary on Naver but I couldn't understand exactly what was different from my pronunciation. I'm really sorry, but I'd appreciate it if you could tell me the difference in pronunciation one more time about this part.

-> This is going to be quite tricky to explain in words, but I will try my best!

First, the word “difficult”, I think it mostly has to do with the intonation. When you listen to the pronunciation of the word "difficult", try to see which syllable is being stressed — it should be the very first syllable in “di”. (Something like "Di↘fficult" rather than Di→ffi→cult)

The word “suppliers”, I think it’s the “L” sound. I think I hear more of an “R” sound.

————————————————————————

I sincerely hope this helps!

Best regards,

Mason U, CMI-Korean
Business Interpretation and Translation in Korean (BIT-K) Instructor

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration