Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Final assignment

Page

Name Heeyeong Hwang Date17-05-16 19:48 View3,475 Comment3

Content

Hello, Allan.
I have a question about the final assignment.
First of all, thank you for your comment.
I will improve my teaching skill based on your sincere comment.

By the way, in your comment, it is written that "your lesson plan would really have benefitted from the inclusion of another stage. Just for the sake of diversity, it would have been nice if you had included a listening, reading, or possibly a writing stage. "

Definitely, I thought about this one when writing lesson plan. Actually, I remembered that there are listening, speaking, reading, writing and review stage in other possible stages, excepts introduction, presentation and so on. So, besides introduction, presentation,practice, and production, I chose review stage among them(listening, reading and so on). Then, it means that I included the review stage more.
Could it mean the inclusion of another stage as well? Is review not included in another stage? I just remembered, during the class, review could be also other possible stages as well. Could you let me know about this point? It would be appreciated if you could explain it.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Hee Yeong Hwang,

No, you're right, review is included as another stage, and I had no problem with your review stage.  That being said, the instructions did state that you should include a minimum of 5 stages, but that's only a minimum, and it is great when someone includes a sixth or even a seventh stage.  While a lesson plan that contains an introduction, presentation, practice, production, and review stage is certainly fine, I usually give slightly higher marks to those who include a listening, reading, or writing stage, as they are often more difficult to create.  Furthermore, they make the lesson plan more creative. 

Overall, like I stated before, your lesson plan is really quite good.  However, to get an even higher mark, people usually have to go beyond the minimum requirements and push themselves to think outside the box, and a good way of doing this is by creating an innovative and interesting reading, listening, or writing stage for example.  Basically you did not lose marks for not including the correct number of stages, you just lost some marks (not too many!) because I thought that your lesson plan could have included another stage that demonstrated your creativity. 

Well, I hope that makes sense.  If not, just get back to me, and I'll try to respond as soon as possible! 

Have a nice day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?