Glenn College
Q&A

[Business Translation (Advanced - ITT Level 1,2)] A concern and a plea for improvement

Page

Name Seung Kyu Kim Date22-08-04 23:42 View1,220 Comment2

Content

Hello, I am currently doing the course on Business Translation (Advanced - ITT Level 1,2).

I just have a quick comment to make that might be helpful for all the students who take the same course: Regarding on the homework (or assignments) given, Korean to English, Module 2-3,  Useful English, I believe that the directions are not clear enough as to what the exercise requires.

It gives examples of mistakes that Korean speakers commonly make and asks you to fix them (or write them as would an actual English speaker). But without the actual Korean phrase, it is almost impossible for a student to figure what the wrong English sentence actually means.

For an example,on the Korean to English, Module 2-3,  Useful English, question 6, (X) It's service, how would a student know what this phrase really should be like without any Korean context given? I understood what this phrase meant, but only when I saw the videos for answers. While doing the homework, I just left it blank, because I had no idea what it wanted to say or what the question required me to do.

I hope this would not lead to deduction of points on homework; but more importantly, I think it need some clarification and an improvement so that students in the future would not get confused.

Thank you for your consideration. 

Comment list

Mason 님의 댓글

Mason 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Seung Kyu,

Thank you for raising your concerns and my sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Indeed the questions you mentioned are ambiguous and we should have added more detailed instructions. I will talk to people at GC and see if this can be fixed as soon as possible. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Rest assured, students are not penalized for genuine misunderstanding or confusion in the assignment.

Best regards,

Mason U, CMI-Korean
Business Interpretation and Translation in Korean (BIT-K) Instructor

Seung Kyu Kim님의 댓글

Seung Kyu Kim 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

Thank you so much for your consideration and your quick response. I am sure this improvement will help many students to perform better in the assignments.

Sincerely,
Seung Kyu Kim

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A