Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Final test #18 re-post

Page

Name Dong Min Oh Date18-02-15 01:18 View3,668 Comment1

Content

Hello~ I just submitted my final test and for the question #18, I re-post it here so you can see it better :)
Thanks for your teaching and I really enjoyed your teaching method.
Now, one last thing left!! Final project. Anyway, have a good day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Students are going to learn about comparison with farm animal pictures.
Teacher name: Dongmin Oh
Materials used in class: pictures
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lesson plan
1. Aims of the lesson:
-The students begin to use English to compare animals.
-Students will be able to describe the animals in English.
2. Instructions for teaching the lesson:
-Use first language and English if the students are not comfortable with English.
-The focus is on the oral work
-Warming up with Introduction (Hello, how are you doing today? In last class, we learned about what we grow in the farm. Let's review some of vocabulary and sentences. "What is the most popular food in Asia that we grow a lot in the farm?" (Students: Rice) "Good job class, today, we will learn about some farm animals and comparison with the picturers!

3. Learning process:
-The teacher will show the picture of two horses (one is the students' horse and other is teacher's horse) and form the sentence: my horse is taller than teacher's horse. (write down the sentence for an example and students are reading). The same is done with all the animals in the pictures.
-Two students will volunteer to come forward (for example Bob and Amy). Using a sentence before and each of them pick an animal picture. Let them show to class how to make a sentence. (Amy's chicken is skinnier than Bob's cow).
-Another pair of volunteers will be on the stage and the teacher will ask some questions to the class (Who has the bigger animal picture? Who has the picture of four legs animal and who has the two legs animal?). Try to get answers from the class by helping them.
-Teacher divide into pairs and let them practice. Tell the class that each pair has to come up with two sentences comparing each animals and present on the stage to share their sentences.(Teacher walk around the class and help students if they are having trouble.)
-When the practice is over, each pair are going out to the stage and present their sentences meanwhile the class are listening what others are presenting. Teacher gives a positive comments or compliments when each pairs are done with their presentation.

4. Closing
-Reviewing today's lesson. (Today, we leaned about farm animals and by using a sentence, we leaned how to compare things. Good job today, and practice with your parents or your friends.)

Comment list

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?