The course is broken into four modules with each module having three or four lessons. In the Korean to English lessons, two of the lessons are for skill development for the TCT exam focusing on vocabulary and grammar using sentences and paragraphs, while the third lesson is a lesson on useful English, such as phrasal verbs, idioms, and identifying common errors. In the English to Korean lessons, there are four lessons of English articles from a variety of sources and vocabulary. There is homework for each module, a cumulative midterm, a final test, and a final assessment.
1. Four modules. English to Korean has four lessons, Korean to English has three lessons
2. Each module has homework based on the material in the lessons in modules 1 and 2
3. There is a cumulative final (questions from modules 3 and 4) after module 4
4. There is a final assessment which are novel questions that have not been covered throughout the program
5. An Email will be sent to confirm the results of your midterms and finals. Please Check your Email box regularly. You can also check your score online. ( my page Information)
6. There are 6 weeks from the start date to complete the course.
Native speakers of English : Completion of high school.
International Students : One of the following :
1. Pass Glenn College's Free Online English Test or
2. Completion of an oral exam conducted at GC itself with a score of at least 3.5 (out of 5) or above or
3. An IELTS score of at least 5.5 or
4. A TOEFL score of at least 500 or iBT score of at least 65 or above or
5. A TOEIC score of 600 or above
The student must complete everything (Modules, Homework, Midterm, Final Test, Final Assessment) With in 6 weeks of their start date. There will be several factors that determine your final grade. Please note that a minimum score of at least 70% will be needed in order to pass. Grades will be earned on the following basis:
Your final grade will be according to the percentage of total points that you earn based on the above criteria. Quizzes and tests will be checked by teachers on a regular basis, and will provide error correction, comments, and/or feedback.
All submissions must be recordings that can be clearly heard. If the recording cannot be understood, it will be given a mark of 0 or to the teacher’s discretion.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be granted TCT Level 1 or 2 Certificate, a GC Business Interpretation Certificate, Letter of Acceptance (LOA) and an Official Transcript. This will be delivered to the students by mail.