Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Midterm Test

Page

Name Sewon Cho Date18-02-25 14:16 View3,665 Comment1

Content

Dear Allen,
I submitted my midterm test last night.
When I just checked, I found out that  the last 'Lesson Plan' part was not clearly typed.
Thus I am typing my answer again here. Please understand it and accept this format of answer by grace.
Thank you so much in advance.

The 5 words: 'Clothes', 'Visit', 'Computer', 'Work', and 'Try'.
1. 'Clothes': I will show them a flashcard of the word with a picture and a written English word in each side. Then, I will ask them a question. "What can you see on this flashcard?" By turning the flashcard, I will read the English word clearly. " It is clothes, it spells like c-l-o-t-h-e-s." I will ask the class to repeat the word in chorus. After showing them a flashcard, I will ask them a question to find the word. "Where can you find this word, 'clothes' around you now? (Yes/No) Can you point it?" The students can point their own clothes, teacher or friends'.
2. 'Visit': I will say the word clearly and write it on the board big enough and in a straight line. Then, I will ask the class to repeat the word in chorus. After that, I will explain the word by giving them English examples. I can say, "when you like to go to your friends’ house, how do you say to your parents?" After waiting the class' responses, I will say, "you can use the word, 'visit'.". Say, " I visit my friend's house today". Also, I can say "Peter visits Korea for his job interview." and "We like to visit our grandparent's house".
3. 'Computer': I will say the word clearly and write it on the board big enough and in a straight line. Then, I will ask the class to repeat the word in chorus. After that, I will ask questions using this new word. I will say, "Do you have a computer at home?". I can wait for the students' answer like, yes or no. Then, "What do you do with the computer? (playing games, doing internet, etc.)" and "When do you use the computer? (search something, want to play internet games, etc.)"
4. 'Work': will say the word clearly and write it on the board big enough and in a straight line. Then, I will ask the class to repeat the word in chorus. After that, I will explain the word by giving them English examples. I can say, “My father works at a bank.” or, “We work hard together for our project.”
5. 'Try': I will say the word clearly and write it on the board big enough and in a straight line. Then, I will ask the class to repeat the word in chorus. After that, I will ask questions using this new word. I will say, . “Do you like to try to eat new food? (Yes, I like to try).” “Do you want to try this clothes? (No, I do not want to try. I do not like the color).” Also, I can give them English example like, "I try to learn English." or "Jen Tries hard to hike the mountain."

Comment list

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?