Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Re: To teacher Grace Yang

Page

Name Grace Yang Date18-03-15 17:36 View5,027 Comment0

Content

Hi Hyong Woo,

I am glad you enjoyed the lessons so far.
The best way I can address your question is, as an interpreter and/or translator - the most important thing above everything else is to convey the meaning clearly, so it is easy to understand, and that it is being expressed in the correct context.
Details are important, but not if it jeopardizes the overall meaning and clarity. As your skills improve, you will learn how to incorporate these details, imagery, and other techniques in a natural and fitting way.

-Grace.
 >
 >
 > Hi teacher! First of all I would like to say sorry for my tiny mistake about your name spellings when I posted last time.
> I submitted my first homework today and I watched the entire Module 1 videos! They were so informative and satisfactory.
> The verb phrase lessons were so special and that was something that I couldn't learn deeply from anywhere else.
> There is one thing that I would like to ask you. Since I eager to get a high score, I want to know which one do you think is more important between simplicity and details. When I studied translation by myself, I always used to put efforts to keep the original meaning of the text and I cared very much about prepositions and tenses. However, after I watched your videos I felt like you prefer simplicity as far as the original meaning is maintained.
> Please let me know if you can tell me how to get a high score from you! I can't wait to learn more from you!
 >
 >

Comment list

No record.

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and