Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Regarding the test of Module 3

Page

Name MINJI WON Date18-03-18 10:52 View3,456 Comment2

Content

Hello, Allan!
This is Minji Won who is taking a Online TESOL class of you.
I would like to ask you to re-check the test i took for Module 3.
You can refer to the test as below.
I guess, you can find the check points what you stated on the "teachers comment" in my answer.
Please check again and make sure about my score.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Imagine you are going to present the structure “how many/how much” in class. How would you explain the difference between when to use ‘how much’ and when to use ‘how many’? 0.60 / 0.70
Student's answer
Both “how many“ and “how much” are used to ask an amount or number of something. But the big difference between “how many” and “how much” is what kind of nouns could be placed behind them. In case of “how many”, countable nouns such as student, friend, apple, etc. may come along with. For example, “How many students are in the classroom?”, “How many apples did you buy?” .On the other hand, “how much” may be used with uncountable nouns such as time, money, water, food, etc. For example, “How much money do you have?”, “How much time do you spend on studying?”.

Correct answer
Teacher's comment
Good answer, but you could have also mentioned 'countable' and 'uncountable' nouns.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Min Ji Won,

You're right!  I must have mixed up your answer with another students' answer.  It happens from time to time when I'm tired and been marking for too long!

Sorry about that, and I'll try to get that fixed as soon as I can.  Unfortunately I'll have to contact our tech admin and get them to change it, so it may take a few days. 

Anyhow, sorry about the inconvenience, and try to have a good day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors