Glenn College
Q&A

[Business Translation (Advanced - ITT Level 1,2)] 모듈2

Page

Name Luke Jung Date23-07-02 06:44 View863 Comment1

Content

Forced to compete with the lure of even more duty-free exemptions this shopping season, more Canadian retailers are expected to jump on the U.S.-style Black Friday bandwagon in an effort to keep price-conscious shoppers from crossing the border.

매년 미국 기념일, 추구감사절을 위해 세일 이벤트에서 판매하는 것을 목표로 하 는 소매상인들 캐나다 소매업자들은 이 쇼핑 시즌에 더 높아진 면세 한도의 유혹과 경쟁하도록 강요받는데, 많은 캐나다 소매업자들은 블랙프라이데이 행사에 뛰어들을 예정이었다/국경에 가격에 민감한 소비자들을 유치시키기 위해서

밑에 있는 해석이 더 정확한거 아녀요? 애초에 뭘 금지시킨다는 표현이 없어요

Also Helicopter’s other means of using is used to travel package like the GrandCanyon that has popular magnificent canyons and valleys is so popular by many tourists. 또한 헬리콥터의 다른 사용수단으로는 많은 관광객들에게 인기 있는 장대한 협곡 과 골짜기를 가지고 있는 그랜드캐니언 같은 여행상품으로도 쓰인다.ㅇ이렇게 번역해조 되나요?

Comment list

Mason 님의 댓글

Mason 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hello Luke!

Let's have a look at your questions!

Forced to compete with the lure of even more duty-free exemptions this shopping season, more Canadian retailers are expected to jump on the U.S.-style Black Friday bandwagon in an effort to keep price-conscious shoppers from crossing the border.

매년 미국 기념일, 추구감사절을 위해 세일 이벤트에서 판매하는 것을 목표로 하 는 소매상인들 캐나다 소매업자들은 이 쇼핑 시즌에 더 높아진 면세 한도의 유혹과 경쟁하도록 강요받는데, 많은 캐나다 소매업자들은 블랙프라이데이 행사에 뛰어들을 예정이었다/국경에 가격에 민감한 소비자들을 유치시키기 위해서

밑에 있는 해석이 더 정확한거 아녀요? 애초에 뭘 금지시킨다는 표현이 없어요

-> Hmm, I am not entirely sure if I see a clear difference between what you wrote and what was written in the video, but I am guessing "금지시키다" part is really coming from "keep price-conscious shoppers from crossing the border." Saying "keep someone from doing something" really means "stop someone from doing something."

————————————————————————————————————————

Also Helicopter’s other means of using is used to travel package like the GrandCanyon that has popular magnificent canyons and valleys is so popular by many tourists. 또한 헬리콥터의 다른 사용수단으로는 많은 관광객들에게 인기 있는 장대한 협곡 과 골짜기를 가지고 있는 그랜드캐니언 같은 여행상품으로도 쓰인다.ㅇ이렇게 번역해조 되나요?

-> Just to refine the sentence a bit more, saying: "또한 헬리콥터의 다른 사용수단으로는 많은 관광객들에게 인기 있는 장대한 협곡과 골짜기를 가지고 있는 그랜드캐니언 (같은 곳을 여행/관광/구경하는) 여행상품으로도 쓰인다."

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Mason U, CMI-Korean
Business Interpretation and Translation in Korean (BIT-K) Instructor

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and