Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] About advantage of eliciting / module6 Q6

Page

Name HYE WON LEE Date18-06-17 21:50 View3,591 Comment2

Content

Hello, Allan
How are you?
I have a question about advantage of eliciting.
In a video, you said many things of advantages but I wonder whether eliciting focuses students' attention.
I think it would be possible.
And I am wrong in module 6 Q6 but I don't understand why the correct answer is "False"
Q. "Language follows rules and therefore it is often difficult to get students to guess unknown words and structures."
I hope your reply.
Have a nice day^^

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Hye Won Lee,

Yes, I agree with you.  I believe that another advantage of eliciting is that it does grab students' attention.  Now, when it comes to question about module 6, question 6, the reason why you're wrong is that while language follows rules of course, it is not always difficult to get students to guess unknown words and structures.  Remember that there are lots of words and structures that students might know, or 'half' know, and as long as we do a good job of eliciting, it is not that difficult to get students to guess unknown words and structures.

Well, I hope that makes sense, and if not just post again and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.  Oh, and sorry that it took me so long to respond to you. 

Have a great day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?