Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 3 and 4

Page

Name Soyeon Kim Date24-01-20 01:34 View459 Comment1

Content

Hi Allan!

I ask you to check the answers to short-answer questions in module 3 and module 4.
Also, can you let me know the items of multiple choice and T/F questions in both modules so that I can review them before the mid-term exam?

Ah, and I need your comments about some multiple-choice questions in module 4.
Q4. You said 'picture prompt' or 'single word prompt' would be ideal to do after doing mechanical practice at first, so I thought they were mechanical practice as we can see in the examples on p 2. Can you explain why they are meaningful practices?

Q5. It was a subtle question, I knew charts and graphs are good for review and summary, but you said using them is included in 'post-reading activities', not 'while doing a reading activity'. Can you explain why the answer is like that?

Q8. It was also a tricky question. I knew that "Why?" could make them expand on their original answer, however, you mentioned that teachers can ask other follow-up questions, so I accepted "How?'" as one of the follow-up questions. I think adding "how?" can also make any form of practice more meaningful though haha .. I need your explanation as well.

And the last thing to say is that I want to supplement my answers to the number 8 question in Module 3.
I was lack of time to organize sentences and check answers again, so I couldn't write 'students' in "Because teachers have to check their understanding."  I want to revise this into "Because teachers have to check their students' understanding."  and "Students answer new words and they can get confidence and try to study harder." I hope you can understand my answers! 

I'll wait for your reply. Thank you!
Sincerely
Soyeon Kim

Comment list

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and