Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Regarding the Final Test

Page

Name AEJIN MOON Date18-08-10 21:46 View3,156 Comment2

Content

I have a question regarding the the last question of the final test, which is making a short lesson plan.
I was deducted points and was left with a comment that said,
"This is quite a good summary of a lesson plan; however, you really should have divided your lesson plan into separate stages, such as 'introduction', 'presentation', 'writing', 'practice', 'production', etc.

When you write your final assignment, you will have to create a real lesson plan. Just make sure that you write in more detail, write more examples, write down how long you think each stage should take, make sure to put activities in the right stage and make sure that you edit your lesson plan for mistakes. Also take a couple of days to really think about what you would like to teach.

If you can follow the advice I have given you above, you should be able to produce quite a good lesson plan. Good luck!"

I did divide the lesson into stages and in the instruction you asked said, "You should also include at least four of the following stages: presentation, practice, reading, listening, and/or production.." So, I divided them into Introduction, Presentation, Practice, Reading, Writing. Would you mind telling me a reason of why I was deducted with points please? You asked me to do a short lesson plan so I made a short lesson plan and into stages.

Thank you :>

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Aejin Moon,

I think I'll have to take a second look at your answer.  Maybe I thought that you did not label your stages, but I really can't remember right now.  Please give me a couple of days (it is the weekend over here and I might not be able to access your test answers - I will have to ask the technical admin to let me take a look back at your test).

Anyhow, I will take a look, and if I made a mistake I will rectify it.  Sorry about the inconvenience, and we'll get this worked out as soon as possible.

Have a good weekend!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?