Page

Name SO HEE YU Date18-08-15 18:56 View3,343 Comment1

Content

Hello, Allan
Thanks for your teaching.

I have some questions of quizes.
Could explain me more details of them?

about Module 5, Q2, Q4,
Q2. Which one of the following is not a potential use for a chart?
    1) It can be shown before the text to present the main ideas and language.
    2) It can be on display during the reading to help them understand the text.
    3) It can be used to display simple pictures.
    4) It can be used for practice after or for review.

--> I choose the answer 1)It can be shown before the text to present the main ideas and language.
    because I thought a chart should be filled in while presenting main ideas after reading text.
    By the way, this sentence is a little bit confusing...I don't know if "before the text" means before reading text or not..

Q4. Writing their own lesson plan can help teachers in all of the following ways, except:
    PART 1: Multiple Choice - Please circle the correct answer
    1) They help teachers organize exactly what to do and how.
    2) Teachers can look at the plan and evaluate it.
    3) Evaluating students.
    4) Lesson plans can be kept and reused.
--> I choose answer 3), but answer 4) is a little bit confusing.
    Lesson plans should be various and more detailed.. so it can be kept but should be more improved..

Module 6
Oral prep does not require specially prepared texts or other materials.
Part 2: True or False - Write T (true) or F (false) on the black provided.
1) True
2) False
--> I choose the answer 'False" ,, but it's also confusing,, when teachers do oral preparation, they can teach students without text material,,
but if there are texts or other materials, isn't it more helpful in teaching students?
I'm sorry that I didn't look for your remarks of that.

Thanks..

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi So Hee Yu,

Well, I'll try my best to answer your questions, so let's take a look:

In regards to your question about module 5, question 2, when the question mentions using a chart, I believe it is a chart with possible illustrations and information.  Charts can be shown before the text to give students the main ideas and language that will follow.  Remember, the chart they're talking about in this question is a chart that you make, and possibly post on the blackboard for display.  That's why option 1 is good.

In regards to your next question about module, question 4, of course you chose the correct answer when you chose the third option!  Anyhow, option four is still correct because while you're right that lesson plans should be improved upon, the option simply states, "[l]esson plans can be kept and reused" and this is still true whether you modify it or not.  Maybe a lesson plan that you create in your own time is great, and does not need to be modified.  Then again, maybe it is garbage, but with a bit of effort, it could be modified and made better.  Either way, we can still possibly use any lesson plan later.

in regards to your question about module 6, question 2 (?), you're right.  We don't necessarily need to elicit vocabulary related to a text, but we can if it makes sense and is connected to the lesson.  I understand your point, but remember that one of the things that eliciting is best used for is review.  We can elicit vocabulary that students learned in a previous lesson for review, and this would not require any material.  Thus, eliciting does not require any specific text or material.  I think you are over-complicating, or over-thinking when it comes to this question!

Anyhow, I really hope that makes sense.  If not, please post again and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!

Have a wonderful day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?