Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 9 Quiz

Page

Name Phuong Thi Ngoc Nguyen Date18-08-18 07:00 View3,469 Comment1

Content

Dear Allan,

I had just finished the quizzes on module 9 and I'd like to ask you a couple of questions.

The question was "all of the following are advantages of using a worksheet, except", and my answer was #4, "students can focus on the activity instead of listening to the teacher or the whole class".  However the correct answer was #3, "worksheets should be written on by students".  I believe that even when students work on worksheet, they should still pay attention to their teacher.  Therefore this should not be the advantage of using worksheet.  Also, depends on the activity, students can write on the worksheet.  Thefore, I believe this can be advantage of using worksheets.  Could you please explain to me why I was wrong about this?

Another one is question #6, worksheets should be collected at the end for later use, true or false.  I anwered this as false, however the answer is true.  Again, I believe that depends on the activity, students can keep the worksheet for their later review.  Could you also expain this to me as well?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Phuong Thi Ngoc Nguyen

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi again Phuong Thi Ngoc Nguyen,

In regards to your first question I unfortunately have to disagree.  While it is good, in general, that students pay attention to their teacher, when students are working on a worksheet it is not necessary, they should be focused on the worksheet.  Meanwhile, option #3, is actually unimportant, and it depends on the worksheet, and therefore option #3 is the best answer.

In regards to your second question, to be honest, I kind of agree with you.  While I basically believe that the answer should be true, as it is a good idea to collect worksheets at the end of the activity if possible, you're right, it really depends on the worksheet/activity.  This question should be changed.

Well, I hope that helps a bit, and have a good weekend!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors