Q&A

[Online TESOL] Question

Page

Name IN KYUNG BAEK Date19-01-29 01:01 View3,448 Comment1

Content

Dear Allan teacher.
Hi! my tesol allan teacher.
I am Inkyung baek.
I finished 5module test and received score of my test.
But I have one question about the answer.
I don’t want to complain about my score.
The reason that I ask question to you is that I only want to
know and improve my knowledge about lesson.
So I want to listen to your explanation^^.

You said that using real object is good because it can demonstrate a variety of things.
For example, you taught that X is made of Y structure using real object.

I think that this structure is not easy for some students.
Real object can demonstrate complicated structure. Is not it true?

Please, reply my question at your convenient time~^^ Have a nice day! And whenever I take your online tesol, I am really happy to know many useful things for me. Thank you teacher~

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi In Kyung Baek,

First of all I am glad to know that you are enjoying the course In Kyung!  I am always happy to hear that students are enjoying the course.  Anyhow, I will try my best to answer your question.

I believe you are asking about question number 6 on the module 5 quiz: "6. Using real objects is a great way to explain complicated structures".  The key word in this question is "complicated".  While I do understand what you're saying, that the structure "x is made of ~" might be complicated for some students, when the quiz says "complicated structure" it means grammatically complicated for anyone.  Anyhow, as discussed in the "presenting structures" lesson, there are 2 ways to demonstrate the meaning of a structure; visually and using situational examples.  Visual examples are generally best, but when it comes to demonstrating the meaning of difficult/complicated structures, this is usually not the case, and instead we will have to use situational examples.  I would say that while sometimes using real objects is a great way to explain some structures, it is not usually true, especially for complicated structures, and that is why the answer should be false.

Well, I hope that makes sense.  If not, please post on the Q&A board again, and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.  Oh, and never hesitate to post on the Q&A board if you have a question. 

Have a good day In Kyung!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?