Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 4 quiz #4

Page

Name Eliza Chen Date19-02-06 05:01 View3,412 Comment1

Content

Hi Allan,
Thank you for your teaching, I am enjoying it.
I have just finished module 4 quiz #4, I have two questions as below Q5 and Q10:
Q5. Having students fill in a chart, graph, or table while doing a reading activity is a great way to help students stay focused and also a great way of helping them prepare good notes for later review.
In the lesson you mentioned that POST-READING activities involving discussion and use of charts and graphs are useful. Charts and graphs is using in POST-READING not as you question (while doing a reading activity) that’ the reason I chosen False, but the answer is True.I knew charts and graphs are also good for review and summary, but your question was for later review. It seemed to conflict with your video, Could you please explain for me. ^^ thank you.

Q10. How are controlled practice and free practice different (explain in detail). What kind of topics are useful for free practice activities?
When I was writing the answer not finishing yet and the system submitted my quiz.  ><”
(At the end of my answer is: Don’t spend too much time in repetition or substitution , free substitution)
But my completely answer is: Don’t spend too much time in repetition or substitution , free substitution and single word and picture prompts can spend more time on it.
Just want to let you know^^

Please reply at your convenient time
Have a nice day ^^
Eliza

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Eliza,

First of all, I would just like to say that I am glad that you're enjoying the course!  Anyhow, let's take a look at those questions.

In regards to your first issue about question 5 on quiz 4, while I partly agree with you wrote, the statement about using charts and graphs is still true.  Actually, it is better if you have students fill in a chart or graph while students read a text.  Sorry if that is disappointing!

In regards to your issue about question 10, don't worry;  I will use what you have written here when I mark your answer! 

Well, I hope that helps.  If not, just please just post on the Q&A again.

Have a wonderful day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?