Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Question about the terms covered in class

Page

Name LAHEE LEE Date24-05-05 05:47 View65 Comment3

Content

Hi Allan,

I hope you're having a lovely weekend. :) 

I have a quick question about our class materials. While reviewing all the modules to prepare for the final test, I encountered some terms that confused me. I don't think it's directly related to the final exam, so it doesn't require an immediate answer. :)

So whenever you have some free time or when you're available, could you please take a look at my questions and let me know what you think? Thanks so much for your help! :)

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hello Lahee Lee,

Alrighty, well let's take a look at each question:

So, to start with "structure tables" are simply tables that we can create to show how structures (grammar tenses, expressions, etc.) can be used in multiple different ways.  Substitution tables are similar, but they include either a blank, or a word underlined, where students can put in different words to make different sentences (or substitute in different words and thus the term "substitution table"). 

Q1:  Correct.  You are right!

Q2:  Well, honestly you can use them interchangeably, BUT there is a difference!  A worksheet includes exercises that students have to do.  They have to work to complete the worksheet!  A handout is different in that it is simply containing information.  It contains information, and students do not need to do any work.  Thus the basic difference is that worksheets require students to work, while a handout just contains information and does not require any work.  All that being said, teachers sometimes use them interchangeably, but there is a difference!

Well, I hope that makes sense and have a great day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors