Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Have some questions

Page

Name Eliza Chen Date19-05-12 09:52 View2,936 Comment1

Content

Dear tecahre Allan,
I am very enjoying  your lesson, thank you for teaching the TESOL.
I have just finished the final exam, but I have some questions:

Q1:Teachers need to make a good balance when correcting oral errors in class.
--> In the lecture, you mentioned that, you're focsing on your certain language point, when you're doing a freer activity, don't correct too much.
-->so i I chose False, , but the answer is Ture. Can you tell me why? Thank you.

Q2:New structures and vocabulary should only be presented in a presentation stage.
I saw you answerd other studnets as below:
This question should be changed. But the question didn't changed, so I chose False, but the answer is Ture.
(student question: New structures and vocabulary should only be presented in a presentation stage.
Please look at your previous reply to my q&a post. Yes it's true it is the best new structures and vocabulary are presented in a presentation stage but! when we do reading or listening activity, there might be new and important new words and we can present them simply.
Teacher Allan Answerd : In regards to your second question, you made a good point.  Generally speaking, structures and vocabulary "should be" presented in the presentation stage, but not always.  This question should be changed.
Anyhow, these questions should be changed, and thank you for bringing them to my attention.  I spend most of my time marking the written questions, so I often forget the t/f and multiple choice questions.  I can't change your score right now, so I will add an extra mark to your final assignment for pointing out these problems. )

I am very wrroy, looking for worward your reply.
HAVE A GOOD DAY
Eliza

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hey Eliza,

Sorry that it took so long for me to respond to your question (I've been very busy recently)!

In regards to your first question, unfortunately the answer is 'true'.  Now, you're right, we should correct more often when focusing on a certain grammar point, and correct less often when engaged in a free activity.  Basically, this is a balanced approach!  So, you already answered your own question: this (what I mentioned before) is the balance!

In regards to your second question, yes you're right, that should have been changed.  Unfortunately I can't change it myself and believed that it was already changed, but I will talk to someone about it again.  What I can do, is give you an extra mark on your final assignment.

Well, I hope that helps, if not, please post again and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a wonderful week!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?