Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] pace of studying and module 2 quiz answer

Page

Name YOUNG JOO LEE Date19-08-07 22:48 View2,879 Comment2

Content

Hello, teacher.
This is Lee young joo from TESOL online class.
I really enjoyed watching online lesson so I lost track of time.
By the way, I  just started a course yesterday but I have already completed the quiz for module 3.
I knew this course is 6 weeks course so I wonder if my pace is too fast.

I have one more question to ask you regarding the module 2 quiz.
[Module 2 Quiz, No. 6]
It said "True for showing the meaning of a structure visually is always the best option if possible."
I got correct answer for this question but indeed I wasn't sure about this answer because in the lecture, you said "it is the most effective way" but you haven't mentioned that it is 'always' the best option."
 So, I was little bit confused about this. Should I think these two sentences contain exactly same meaning?

Hope you have a good day!

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hello Young Joo Lee,

To answer your first question, I would say that you're moving just a bit too fast.  If you have a lot of free time and can focus on the course, that's great, but I do not recommend doing more than 1 module a day.  I think it would be better to slow down a bit, try to understand everything, take notes, etc.  However, of course you are allowed to move at any pace you wish; I just recommend slowing down because I think you will learn more that way.

In regards to your question about module 2, question #6, I would say that I agree with the statement and that it is true.  I may not have specifically said that during the lecture, but when it is possible to use visual examples, I think that it is always the best choice.  When it is not possible, we should rely on situational examples.  Does that make sense?  If not, please comment again!

Anyhow, I hope that helps and have a wonderful day!

YOUNG JOO LEE님의 댓글

YOUNG JOO LEE 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

I really appreciate your advice on this!

I believe it's really a good idea to review thoroughly in plenty of time so I've decided to slow down my pace to improve concentration for studying TESOL.

Now that you explain about module 2, question #6, obviously I missed the phrase 'if possible'. Now I understand completely!

Thanks very much for taking time to explain this so clearly.
And have a nice day to you, sir!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?