Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 7 Quiz

Page

Name SUHYUN MIN Date19-12-04 18:14 View2,313 Comment1

Content

Hello, I'm Suhyun Min and I got your comment about my answer.
About module 7 Quiz #10
I know it is one of advantage to introduce students to the variety of different accents and dialects in the English speaking world, and recorded materials make the students more challenging.
I mean, one disadvantage is that over time students will become very accustomed to teacher's voice, body language and facial gestures. Only this is the disadvantage, I mean.
Then I answered "So by using recorded materials~"
I mean that it is one of advantages to introduce students to the variety of different accents and dialects in the English speaking world, and recorded materials make the students more challenging. And we can improve or solve the disadvantage that I wrote above by using the recorded materials.
It's what I want to say in my answer.
Could you check again for me? Thank you :)

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Su Hyun Min,

Hmm, I see what you are saying, but I would say that the students getting more used to your gestures, voice, and facial gestures is not really a disadvantage because it is something that just happens naturally over time.  The main disadvantage is that if you used recorded material too often, it will make you look lazy and unprofessional.

However, that being said, I do understand the other point you were trying to make.  I will give you a higher mark. 

Please give me some time to modify your mark and have a wonderful Friday!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors