Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Midterm

Page

Name Ahhyeon choi Date19-12-11 22:37 View3,310 Comment1

Content

You commented that I have a few odd English in my midterm answer. If you don't mind, could you correct my odd English, please? I just want to check and study more...

My answer :
For example, sneak is similar with slink or skulk and awkward is similar with difficult or uncomfortable. 2 oral examples : awkward - "To announce in front of the class is too awkward" "I feel awkward with my father because I don't live with my father" sneak - "My mom sneaked a look at my diary" "While I sneak in, you keep watch it" 3 questions : "Do you feel awkward with your parents?" "Do you feel awkward with your friends or parents more?" "Who do you feel more comfortable in your life and why?" "Do you think sneaking is bad?" "Which do you think is easier to sneak, candy or television?" "Who's the one who's doing the stealing and why?"

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Ahhyeon,

Sure, let's take a look:

X "To announce in front of the class is too awkward"  (we don't often use announce in its verb form)

O "Making an announcement in front of the class is too awkward"

X "While I sneak in, you keep watch it" (actually I am not sure what you mean here)

O "While I sneak in, you keep watching it" (this is what I believe you wanted to write)

X "Do you feel awkward with your friends or parents more?"

O "Do you feel more awkward around/with your friends or around/with your parents?"

Well, that's about it!  Have a great day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors