Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 8-Lesson 16// Module10-lesson19

Page

Name inseon song Date20-01-05 01:01 View2,691 Comment1

Content

Dear teacher.
I'm sorry my too many questions bothered you. (I think I am a weak student......)

[Module 8-Lesson 16/]
I have a question 'organizing guessing games'
the left picture is the same that you demonstrate a situation in the lecture.
but I don't know what is the student doing behind a girl who catches a flashcard in right picture...... Is the back person who answers the question? why did all students answer?

Actually, this question is not important, so I tried my best through listen to your lesson repeat 10 times. but I can't hear what you're saying.

[ Module10-lesson19]
in your lesson, multiple-choice question's advantage is "difficult to guess",
why it is an advantage?

please, I hope you explain this picture.
Thank you.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Dear Inseon Song,

Don't worry about asking me questions, it is part of my job and I do want everyone to understand!

Hmm, in regards to guessing games part about the right hand side picture, the girl behind the other student holding the card is the one who is guessing.  So you can see she is asking, "did she go by bus?" and the students are answering.  The students know the correct answer, and the girl needs to ask questions in order to correctly guess.  It is one way in which you can organize guessing games.

In regards to your other question about multiple choice questions, they are more 'difficult to guess' compared to t/f questions, and yes, this is an advantage.  It is an advantage because it forces students to think harder.  Obviously, for students, this is not an advantage, but for us, the teachers, this is an advantage.

Does that make sense?  If not please post again and have a wonderful day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors