Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Teacher, I need you to check this first before you check my test.

Page

Name jihye bak Date20-01-24 08:45 View2,644 Comment2

Content

I jsut finished my test and It's not enough time to complete the long answer(the last one) so it submitted in automatically. I checked my answer but the sentences are mixed up. I think it's the system problem (I'm taking a test with my galaxy tab)

You will see my answer like this:

We are going to learn difference between using "for" and since. I'll write down two sentences, after that let's read them all together. (speaking(reading) while I'm writing) A) I've been living in Ulsan since 2010. B) I've been living in Ulsan for 10 years. Okay. Repeat after me, I've been living in Ulsan since 2010, I've been living in Ulsan since 2010, I've been living in Ulsan since 2010. ... Okay great.

<<>>
<>

next I've been living in Ulsan for 10 years, I've been living in Ulsan for 10 years, I've been living in Ulsan for 10 years.... Good! Both sentences are using the structure have been -ing also two sentences has same meaning that they are living in Ulsan now. Then what is the point? That's right, Sentence A has specific time when did he or she start to live in Ulsan, but sentence B has no specific time. it just shows how long did he/she lives in Ulsan.

I was writing my answer like this:
We are going to learn difference between using "for" and since. I'll write down two sentences, after that let's read them all together. (speaking(reading) while I'm writing)
A) I've been living in Ulsan since 2010.
B) I've been living in Ulsan for 10 years.
Okay. Repeat after me, I've been living in Ulsan since 2010, I've been living in Ulsan since 2010, I've been living in Ulsan since 2010. ... Okay great. next I've been living in Ulsan for 10 years, I've been living in Ulsan for 10 years, I've been living in Ulsan for 10 years.... Good!
Both sentences are using the structure have been -ing also two sentences has same meaning that they are living in Ulsan now. Then what is the point? That's right, Sentence A has specific time when did he or she start to live in Ulsan, but sentence B has no specific time. it just shows how long did he/she lives in Ulsan.
<<>>
---
this was my answer, I was going to write the other example but time was up so I couldn't. I just want to tell you my answer was mixed up by system problem something. Thank you!

Comment list

jihye bak님의 댓글

jihye bak 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Thanks Allan! :)) also I'm really appriciate that I'm learning a lot from your lectures! I am so excited to take rest of the class! Hope you have a great day :))

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors