Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] About module 3 quiz

Page

Name Sumin Lee Date20-04-29 22:28 View2,672 Comment2

Content

Good afternoon, Allan!
I have a question the number 7 in module 3 quiz.
The question is about choosing True or False on the following sentence that showing the meaning of a structure visually is always the best option if possible. I chose False but the correct answer was true. I think just showing visually is not always the best way. We also should present the meaning of a structure situationally to help students' understanding. Therefore, I cannot understand why the correct answer was true. Please explain in detail. Thank you for reading my question!

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Sumin Lee,

Like we discussed in class, showing the meaning of a structure visually, is the best way to present a structure if possible.  Remember, with a lot of higher level structures, it is not possible.  With a lot of lower-level structures, it is possible; it just depends on the structure.  However, for lower level students, situational examples are more difficult to understand, and therefore visual examples are superior.  Keep in mind, that you may use both when presenting a structure though. 

So, if possible, explaining the meaning of a structure is better because most of the time it is possible, it is for lower level students (younger students).

Does that make sense?  If not, please post again and have a wonderful day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors