Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 6 Quiz questions

Page

Name HYE JIN KIM Date20-05-25 23:40 View2,649 Comment1

Content

Hello, I just took the quiz for module 6 but had some questions about the true/false questions.
Question 5 asked whether or not oral prep requires specific trainig and specially prepared materials and/or texts.
If I remember correctly, I think that you emphasized that oral prep/eliciting is not easy and so we have to be well prepared in order to use it.
Question 8 read 'writing activities must be marked during a Teacher's free time'.
In the video, you mentioned that when trasitioning from controlled to free writing, marking will be difficult if students are not given clear instructions, which will then lead to giving bad grades to certain students. So when I read question 8, I thought that because giving bad or good grades to all the students during class is not possible, the answer would be true.

I understand that some simple oral prep does not require a lot of preparing, and that teachers can correct students during class. However, it would have been more clear if the questions included words like '"all" oral prep' or 'must "only" be marked' in order to select the right answer, as the goal of a quiz is to get the one and only right answer.
It would be great if you explained why I got them wrong.

Thank you!

Comment list

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A