Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Final exam Question

Page

Name KYU YEON DO Date20-07-14 18:53 View2,639 Comment1

Content

Hello, Alan, this is my first time writing a post and before I jump into the question,
I just wanted to let you know how awesome and helpful you have been throughout this TESOL journey!
I've been pushing myself lately because I'm going to be quite busy soon and without your great lectures,
I wouldn't have made it this far.

Anyways, I just finished my final exam, but I have questions regarding these questions:

1. T/F Q= "What is the dog in the middle of the picture doing?" is a good example of a question that gets students to interpret something or use their imaginations

- I answered True, but the answer is False. Now, actually this question got me thinking little bit, because I think this question can become very subjective when it comes to what the dog could be doing. And depending on the students' imaginations, I believe that this question can be a great example to interpret/or use their imaginations to answer. Only reason that I think it could be False is because the question is quite boring and the answers can become limited...? However, I want to argue the fact that this question CAN be answered imaginatively... especially with kids and their imaginations.

2. T/F Q= "New structures and vocabulary should only be presented in a presentation stage"

- I answered False, but the answer is True. I think the word "only" is what triggered my curiosity. If the question didn't include the word "only", then I would have chosen True. But like you mentioned, structures and vocabulary "should be" presented in the presentation stage, BUT NOT ALWAYS. The word "only" made the question sound like it should forever always be used in a presentation stage only; thus the reason why I said False.

Hope you and your family/friends are safe from the COVID.
You rock Alan!

Regards,
Kevin

Comment list

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and