Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 2 Quiz

Page

Name Justin Dotani-Estes Date20-07-18 15:37 View2,113 Comment3

Content

I thought for question one drawing stars to emphasize is a BB technique. I understand monitoring the class and keeping an eye on the students was covered and important. However, we were not told eye contact which I think is completely different. Therefore, I thought my answer to put stars (maybe not all over the word but whatever suits that teacher) is a better answer than eye contact. Either way I am enjoying your videos and wanted to express my thoughts about this question.

On a side note for Module 1 there was a question regarding observing.
I thought the correct response TP to be short, but because it said observing I thought body language.
I think if a word like observing is going to be used in the quiz it should be used during the lesson as the purpose of this class would be to educate us not to trick us.

Again I appreciate the detailed videos provided and feel like I am learning a lot already. I look forward to your feedback which I hope will provide me with a detailed explanation why my answers are marked as incorrect.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Justin Dotani-Estes,

Thanks for the feedback! 

In regards to your question about the second module's quiz, I think you make a very valid point.  I would still say that D is the correct answer, in that when we talked about emphasizing important information we brought up the idea of using stars, asterisks, circles, etc., and this was not brought up earlier when discussing the "BBR".  Despite that, I do get what you're saying and appreciate the feedback; perhaps this question should be changed.

In regards to your question about the first module's quiz, I again get what you're saying, but "categories of observation" was part of the first lesson, and it was covered.  That said, obviously, some of the questions are tricky, but they really have to be otherwise we think the course would be too easy! 

Anyhow, I definitely agree with the fact that that one question in module 2 should be modified or removed.  Thanks again for the feedback and have a great day!

Justin Dotani-Estes님의 댓글

Justin Dotani-E… 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

Hi Allan,

Thank you for the quick feedback to my concern.
I am very much enjoying more and more as I get further into the course.
Making a lesson plan sounds challenging, but it sounds very fun and exciting at the same time.
Next is Mid-term and crossing my fingers the information is in my long term memory now and not lost from my short term memory.

I hope you enjoyed the Hockey reference as I am a huge fan of the Red Wings who are doing terrible.

Sincerely,

Justin

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A