Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Final Test

Page

Name YOONSEO KYUNG Date20-08-24 03:25 View2,750 Comment3

Content

Good afternoon

I was wondering about the answers in the final questions.

The first question says

It is difficult for teachers to make transition from controlled writing activities to free writing activities.
I thought it is difficult for students as in the lecture but why is it also difficult for teacher to help them?
I believed in the lecture you mentioned that we can help them throughout oral prep, clear instruction, and give them a model text.
We can do that throughout carefully planning them. There many resources for them, so I couldn't understand why it is challenging. 

The other question says,

Vocabularies and structures only presented in the presentation stage.
I do understand they should be explain in detail, however, I believed you have explained in a video that they can be expand on to the other stages.
I do agree we should spend time on them, but that does not mean they can "only" be explained in the presentation stage.
This seems like the students can not learn new vocabularies and structures throughout the other activities. 
You can introduce new words through different activities. Also in the lecture you says that you don't have to include the all of the stages in a lesson.

Please guide me a way to find an answer for this question.

Comment list

YOONSEO KYUNG님의 댓글

YOONSEO KYUNG 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

Thank you that is really great!
I will work hard on the final assignment.
I have one more question about the test.
I saw your comment on the eliciting part of short and long answers.
While it is true that I have added many details in there which is adding explanation about what eliciting is. I just wanted to give clear directions of what I was doing. I have also added series of questions that could be asked for each words. Was that simply not enough to meet the full mark?

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi again Yoon Seo Kyung,

Yes, unfortunately, I just wanted to see a few more questions and/or hints.  Other than that though, your other answers were quite good. 

Have a great day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?