Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Some questions...

Page

Name EUNMEE SONG Date20-09-04 02:53 View1,917 Comment4

Content

Dear Allan,
Good day Allan. My name is Song. I just opened the class after studying by myself. Your lessons are absolutely fantastic and really helpful. I feel like I can watch several times more. I am writing this email to ask you some questions. There are a few questions I want to ask. So please forgive me if I take your time too much.

Module 3, question 5: Showing the meaning of a structure visually and orally are both good methods of explaining the meaning. 
(Answer: False) 

Allan, you mentioned on the video saying that there are 2 ways to explain the meaning of the structures. and you said that the best way is doing visually, and if we cannot do visually we can also do orally especially for advanced students. So I thought both methods are good. no?

Module 10, question 5: All skills can be developed at any stage. (Answer: True)

Allan, is it true? But we learned that don't teach vocabulary and structures in Instruction stage. For example, how can we learn all skills in the instruction stage? and also what about each stage, listening, reading, writing, speaking? in every stage can we learn all the skills? or I just misunderstood the questions....

Last question is Allan, regarding to the final Assignment, I know we have to write down in details. But I feel like I might need way more pages than 3 or 4 that you mentioned. I am bit afraid if my assignment(Microsoft Word) doesn't load to the website if I have too many pages...

I am so sorry to ask you so many questions. --:
But I am so happy that I can actually ask you questions. This is amazing!

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi EunMee Song,

I am very confused.  These questions are not questions that we are using, so I am not sure what you are referring to.  How did you see these questions and how do you know the answer if you have not taken any quizzes yet?  Our records show that you started your class today.  This makes no sense. 

These questions may be previous quiz questions that we used in the past.  How did you acquire these questions and answers?  We do not allow students to have access to quizzes and answers before they start the course.

EUNMEE SONG님의 댓글

EUNMEE SONG 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

Hello, Alan.
I got studying materials from the organization that I singed up the TESOL program in Korea. I guess all Koreans if we sign up for this Tesol course, we get the same materials. So basically, once we pay, the organization gives us studying materials to prepare before we actually start the classes. They give us sample questions so we can prepare more, I guess.
This is my first time to do TESOL so I don't know exactly how the system works.  I have been studying very hard for a month to get the certificate. But please let me know if I am doing something wrong.
Thank you Allan.
Song.

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi again Eunmee Song,

Technically the organization you signed up with should not be handing out that material, but of course, that is not your fault.  If you have any problems or misunderstandings about the course, feel free to ask questions anytime.

EUNMEE SONG님의 댓글

EUNMEE SONG 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

Thank you Allan. I will do that. The main purpose to enroll your class is to improve my teaching skills and get an idea and concept of how other professionals are doing. During that process, certification and diploma may follow it naturally I think. Your lessons are really amazing and I am learning more than my school years. I will advertise your class to my friends and coworkers who are working as an English teacher.
Thank you Allan

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?