Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 7 questions

Page

Name Jae Kyung Park Date20-10-16 05:40 View1,802 Comment1

Content

Hello! Can I ask a question about Module 7?

I'm a bit confused about question 2. I know that not everyone can 100% predict the next line or answer, but I didn't know that questions that can help students predict can help them learn important vocabulary as well. Did I miss the info somehow? I don't remember learning about this in class.

By the way, thank you for answering the questions even though you weren't feeling well at the moment.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Jae Kyung Park,

The option you chose - "[h]elp students focus on important vocabulary" is actually true, but I think you're thinking about it all wrong.  It is not about getting students to learn new vocabulary, rather it is just about getting students to focus on important vocabulary.  This vocabulary may be a word that you want to focus on to help them understand the text or something that you want to teach.  When we create questions that help students to predict, sometimes we should ask these questions around important vocabulary to help our students focus on them.  On the other hand, the reason why option a/1 - "[a]ccurately get students to predict what will happen next" is wrong is because there is no way that students will actually be able to accurately predict what will happen next.  These questions help them to develop the ability to predict, but they are not meant to get students to accurately predict what will happen next. 

Does that make sense?  I know it is kind of confusing!  Anyhow, I hope that helps and have a great weekend Jae Kyung!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors