Q&A

[Online TESOL] I have some questions.

Page

Name Ahran Kim Date20-12-01 20:03 View2,358 Comment1

Content

Hi,Allan!
I have some questions about lesson 10.
First, ' The four need-to-knows of lesson plans'
need-to-knows is a noun? Is it possible to use 'knows' instead of 'know' after 'to'?

Second is about 'a lesson plan' part. In lesson 16,
1.Review 2.Presentation 3. Practice...
I think in review part, we go over something that we learned before. But, it says
1. Review: Show pictures of clothes. Ss give words: coat,hat,shirt,trousers,etc.
Isn't it a introduction part? I don't understand why it's review part.
Ss will learn about clothes and why it's review?

Third,you mentioned and wrote 'Make sure you do practice a skill or two in your lesson plan'.
I don't understand what 'skill' means in that sentence. skill is like a technique so it menas should we practice our teaching skill in the lesson plan?

I always appreciate your kind and quick answer. Thansk a lot.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi again Ahran,

Well, let's take a look at your questions one at a time:

1.)  To answer your question, yes and yes!  "Need-to-knows" is an informal expression and is a noun.  For example, "there are three 'need-to-knows' before you go fishing".  Need-to-know with an 's', is an adjective and describes the restriction of data which is considered very sensitive.  Keep in mind that the noun form is informal. 

2.)  We would have to assume here that this is a review of clothes that the students had learned in a previous lesson and thus it is review.  A review stage can either be at the beginning of a lesson and of course it would review previously taught material.  If a review stage is at the end of a lesson, it would be used to review what was taught earlier in that day's lesson.

3.)  Generally speaking, whenever I talk about "skills" in TESOL I am referring to the 4 main language skills (reading, writing, speaking, and listening). 

Well, I hope that makes sense and have a nice day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors