Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] REGARDING FINAL ASSIGNMENT

Page

Name Namjoo Kwon Date20-12-02 17:20 View2,927 Comment1

Content

394ee3fe295f264bb2056e7fdfa5bce1c2c46263I read your comments about the final assignment and there is just one thing that I don't understand. I acknowledge that I didn't add a title but in my introduction, I did include my aim. I thought you wanted students to include their topic and aims in the introduction. That is why I did not include a separate paragraph explaining my aim. Also, in my introduction, I am aware that I didn't specifically say "my aim is ___" but I did include an aim. The bold sentences are what I wrote for aim. Could you consider giving me partial credits for this? Thank you.

I am going to teach my students about how to use present continuous tense in a sentence. Also, I am going to introduce several action verbs as well. The purpose of teaching this to my students is to improve my student’s ability to describe some of the daily activities they do. In this way, they will be able to confidently express what they do and describe what other people do. For the goal of this lesson, I want students to be able to write a paragraph using the action verbs and the structure I teach them. 

One more thing that I want to mention is that you didn't really go over the thorough structure of the lesson. You did explain like we should include an introduction, practice stage, presentation stage, and production stage. Also, like the reading stage, listening, and etc. And it should include an aim and topic, and etc. However, you didn't really mention if we should write our lesson plan in command form or anything. Or maybe I didn't catch that in your lesson. Correct me if I am wrong. I am just really curious. 

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Namjoo Kwon,

After reading over your post here and looking back at the feedback I provided you with, I have decided, unfortunately, that I will not be modifying your mark.  While it is true that you did mention your aims in your introduction, which you should do when starting a lesson, the reason why marks were taken off was that you did not include an aims section nor a new language section.  My original comment was:

"Secondly, a lesson plan should have a title, and then afterwards, you should write down what the aim(s) of the lesson plan are, and include a new language section where you write down specifically what new words and/or structure(s) your lesson plan includes.  After that, you get into your stages.  Your lesson plan had no title and you did not include an aims section and nor did you include a new language section". 

I cannot recall right now if I explicitly mentioned that you should use the imperative form, but I did mention, more than once, that when we make a lesson plan we should keep in mind that others may use our lesson plan, and therefore we should make it as clear as possible.  If I make a lesson plan, I should do the same as well!

Overall, you did a really good job on your lesson plan.  Your mark is still quite high Namjoo, and if I were you I would not worry about it so much.  Anyhow, have a great day and good luck in the future!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors