Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] to teacher Allan

Page

Name Marrie Cris Densing Date20-12-03 04:30 View2,333 Comment3

Content

Hope you're doing fine as the holiday season is coming soon. I just wanna ask regarding the "final assignment" From the word itself its an assignment so we are the one who will choose our topic or is it you since it has a timer there, are we going to make a sudden lesson plan? so I'm quite confused how I will prepare for this since soon I might finish some left quizzes. Thank you for answering my concern, have a great day!!! :)

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Marrie,

First of all, do not worry about the timer.  Just check the assignment requirements, and then exit the page.  I recommend taking a couple of days to really think about what you would like to teach and what level of students you will be aiming at.  Here, I will provide the basic requirements below:

Your lesson plan should include the following:

- An aim, or aims

- New language that you will teach (new structures, and new vocabulary). There should be at least one structure and 5 new words – this is the minimum.

- It should be divided into at least 5 different stages. You should include an introduction, a presentation stage, a practice stage, and a production stage. You should also include one of the following stages: a listening stage, a reading stage, or a review stage.

- You should write in detail how you would present vocabulary, and how you would present your structure table in the presentation stage. You should also write down in the practice stage, how you would get your students to practice.

- You should write down how you would use flash cards, worksheets, the blackboard, or any other teaching aid.

Grading

You will be graded based on the following:
• How you organize the stages of the lesson -10 marks
• How well your stages are detailed and explained - 15 marks
• Your use of English (spelling, grammar, use of vocabulary, etc. - 5 marks

Although the final assignment is only out of 30, please remember that this is worth 30% of your overall mark. Write as much, and as detailed as you possibly can.

Also remember to write down how long you think each stage should take to complete. 

Well, I hope that is helpful.  If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask me and have a great day!

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Dear Marrie,

Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation; I really do appreciate it!

I hope you also have a wonderful weekend and I look forward to reading your final assignment at some point!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors