Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] I have some questions.

Page

Name Ahran Kim Date20-12-13 07:01 View2,001 Comment1

Content

Hi,Allan!
I have some questions.
First,In lesson18, you told "Turn to the person next to you. They will be your partner." And is it okay to use singular form(partner)
instead of plural form(partners)?

Second,In last module, I'm not sure the meaning of " a week's worth of lesson". Especially underlined one,'worth'. I think worth means value,
but still it's hard for me understand the exact meaning of " a week's worth of lesson".

Thanks a lot.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Ahran,

As far as your first question is concerned, yes, it is okay.  The reason why is because in this case, it is pair work, so they will only have one partner, so of course we should just use the singular form. 

"A week's worth of something" means the entire amount of something for a 1 week period.  So, "a week's worth of lessons" means five lesson plans, for every day that week.  You're right that "worth" is generally used when referring to the value of something, but it can also be used in the way we just looked at when referring to quantity.  However, it is only used that way in this structure (A week's/month's/year's worth of something". 

Well, hope that helps and have an excellent day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors