Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 5 Quiz #9.

Page

Name YEONGYUN SIM Date20-12-15 15:58 View2,293 Comment3

Content

Hello, this is yeongyun from Korea.
I read your comment for Module 5 Quiz #9, and I found out that I mistakenly skipped the lesson 10 activity 3-4 which is about lesson stages and took a quiz. For the questions, I tried to guess and write about the stages before.. It's kind of silly mistake, but I now watched the video and I'm wondering if I can write the answer again for this.

How many different stages are there? Please write down as many stages as you can think of. How many stages do you think a lesson plan should include? Why?
There are minimum of 4 stages to 9 possible stages normally. First, Introduction stage. We can introduce the topic and aims briefly, ask questions related to the theme. Second, Presentation. This is where we present new words and structures. It's important not to confuse with this two stages. We don't present vocabulary or structures in introduce stage, but presentation stage. We should write in deail how we'll present vocab or structures in presentation stage. Third, Practice stage. We need to deatil how we'll practice vocab or structures include practice activities such as repetition, substitution, single word prompts, picture prompts, free substitution. We can use at least 3 activities for the practice. Forth, Production stage. It's a stage that teacher let students use new words, structures in a free way. This 3Ps are essential stages to be mind. There are also other possible stages like listening, speaking, reading, writing. It'll be better to use one or two in the classroom, listening and speaking is a good match and also, reading and writing as well. We can review what we've learned at the last of class, but also we can start with review from the last class as well. I think Introduction, 3Ps, review stages should be included in a lesson plan as students are interested in class by introduction, 3Ps are main factors of the lesson, and by reviewing, closure stage can make students to wrap up and take a breath, hopefully they're looking forward to the next class, too.

Always thank you for your passionate lecture :)
Hope you stay healthy and warm.

Comment list

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A