Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] [Module 3 quiz] My answer for second writing question

Page

Name Hyelee Kim Date21-01-05 05:51 View2,124 Comment1

Content

Hi Allan,
I just finished the quiz for module 3 and just wanted to make it clear that my answer for the second writing question should be seen as below.
When I checked my answer after quiz, it showed in one line and it didn't show any spaces I put, so please refer to the below as my answer to the second writing question.
Thank you.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Firstly, I will write down two example sentences as below.

1. I have taught students for 10 years.
2. I have taught students since 2010.

Then I will provide them with visual example as below.

l---------------------------l
2010                      now

10 years
l--------------------------l
                             now
(I'm going to circle '2010' and '10 years')

And then I will give them other example sentences related to the real situation. Let's say I studied with my students for three months. I could make example sentences as below.

1. We have studied together for three months.
2. We have studied together since November 2020.

With those example sentences, I can explain further that we use 'for' with specific figures, like for three days, for five years, etc, but we use 'since' when we want to mention specific starting point.

When writing those sentences, I will emphasize 'for + ____ ' and ' since + ______' by underlining.

After explaining and practicing, I would like to give them some time to think about their own examples, monitor them walking around the classroom, and then have some students present their own examples.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Hyelee Kim,

I will take this answer into consideration when I mark your quiz.  Unfortunately, I am far behind on marking, so I might not get it done today, but we will see! 

Anyhow, have a great day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?