[Online TESOL] Online TESOL

Page

Name Taehyang Kim Date21-01-09 20:57 View2,131 Comment1

Content

Hi, Allan!
I've just completed my midterm exam!
I was wondering about two things.

1) Question 10
Q: When creating aims we should only focus on what students will do and learn.

I answered 'true' but the answer is 'false'

In the video of lesson 10:planning lesson, you said "Whenever you make the aims of your lesson, you should focus on what you're doing and think about what students will learn." and you didn't mention other things that we should focus on when we create aims so I chose 'true'. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

2) Question 16
I have no ideas how to present 'awkward'. Would you answer that question in detail please? I just want to learn.

Thank you!! Have a great day ;)

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi again Taehyang,

Let's take a look at those 2 questions:

10.)  The reason why this is false is because we should think about what students will do, learn, and WHY they are learning this.  I believe this was mentioned!

16.)  Example:  "Awkward" is an adjective and it has a similar meaning to uncomfortable, especially in social situations.  If I have 2 friends who I like that are dating, and one is saying something bad about the other, I will feel awkward.  Imagine you are meeting your teacher to discuss something and then suddenly they fart!  You will feel awkward!  I would also pretend to be awkward to provide a visual example.  As for questions:  "do you feel awkward sometimes?"  "do you feel more awkward around a dentist or when public speaking?"  "Who do you feel awkward around?  Why?". 

Well, I hope that helps and have a nice day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors