Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] final assignment comment

Page

Name HANEY SON Date21-01-18 02:09 View2,082 Comment1

Content

Hello :)
It's late to say this but I want to say happy new year to you, Allan!

I just checked my score for the final assignment  because my manager told me it would take 2 or 3 weeks for marking it.
And now my date is over so I can not reach to the comment anymore.
Can you please leave the comment here?
Or can I receive it in other ways?

Thank you!

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Haney Son,

Sure, I will leave my comment for your final assignment below: 

Firstly, let me apologize for taking so long to mark your final assignment.  Anyhow, after reading over your lesson plan, I've noticed a lot of good points, and just a few negative points that we need to discuss.  Let's start by taking a look at what you could have done better at first, and then take a look at what I liked about your lesson plan afterwards.

To begin with, while your use of English was quite good, there were a few small errors throughout your lesson plan.  For example, in your aims section you wrote, "[s]tudents will learn new vocabulary related to hobby" instead of correctly writing, "students will learn new vocabulary related to hobbies".  Later, in your presentation stage, you wrote, "[b]efore we start today’s lesson, let’s learn new vocabularies about hobby" instead of correctly writing, "before we start today's lesson, let's learn some new vocabulary related to hobbies".  As you can see, you did not make any major errors, but there were a few more small errors throughout your lesson plan.  While these mistakes were not so bad, they do add up, and have slightly lowered the overall quality of your lesson plan.  Secondly, while the activity in your reading stage was fine, it was not really a reading stage activity, and instead just kind of a practice stage activity.  In fact, it would have been better to just include this in your practice stage.  However, other than that, this is a really great lesson plan!   

Overall, despite the problems I pointed out, I believe that your lesson plan is actually quite excellent!  After reading your lesson plan I can clearly see that you have quite a good understanding of what a lesson plan is, and how to make one.  I can also see that you have a good idea of how to make activities and how to lead a class.  I was kind of impressed that you included so many worksheet activities and you even included a few pictures.  Your lesson plan was also very well organized, and quite well detailed.  I also really liked your listening stage (it was fantastic!).  I do believe that at the end of your lesson that students would be better able to talk about their hobbies.  If I, or another ESL instructor had to use your lesson plan to teach a class, I believe we could do so successfully, and we would not even really need to modify or edit your lesson plan.

All in all, I believe that your lesson plan deserves a score of 28 out of 30. I took just 1 mark off for the number of English mistakes that you made.  I took 1 more mark off because I thought that your reading stage was a bit odd.  Lastly, I did not take off any marks for the way that you organized your lesson plan.  Overall, you have made quite an excellent lesson plan, and if you had just been a bit more careful, it would have been perfect!  However, that being said, you have still proven that not only did you learn a lot throughout the course, but you also know how to apply what you have learned.  Very well done Haney!

In the future, if you really do wish to teach English, writing detailed, creative, and well-written lesson plans will be an important part of your job. Next time you write a lesson plan, make sure that you write in more detail, write more examples, write down how long you think each stage should take, make sure to put activities in the right stage and make sure that you edit your lesson plan for mistakes.  Always keep in mind, that when we do write lesson plans that they may be used by other ESL teachers, so we must write as clearly as possible.

Congratulations on successfully completing Global College Canada's online TESOL course!  Whether or not you do go on to teach English in the future, I wish you the best of luck, health, and happiness!

You did an excellent job on your final assignment.  Well done!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors