Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Final Assignment_Lesson plan

Page

Name Jae Hee Jung Date21-02-10 07:44 View2,245 Comment2

Content

Hello, Allan teacher :)
My name is Jaehee Jung.
Thank you for your comments on my final assignment.
Your comment was so specific and clear that I could realize what I should consider more deeply and modify to make my lesson plan a better one.

However, I have some questions about your comments on my listening stage.
First, in the listening stage of my lesson plan, I attached a real script and a listening worksheet that 3 questions are written on. I wonder why you could not find the script.
Second, could you give me a more detailed comment on my listening stage? I wonder if you mean that I need more different questions and better worksheet to give students instead of what (T or F / Multiple choice questions) I had prepared or you gave me the comment because you just could not find any worksheet in my lesson plan.

Thanks to your lectures and your assessment, I could realize my weakness and get improving.

Thank you for your time and effort. :)

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Jae Hee Jung,

Yeah, unfortunately, I cannot see any worksheet or script.  When I was writing about what else you could do, I really meant that you should have focused on creating good guiding questions, rather than creating a 'pre-listening' activity, which was actually okay, but I would have preferred it if you had made a couple of guiding questions. 

Overall, you made a really good lesson plan.  I guess it is just a shame that I cannot see the worksheet and script.  Did you attach them?  Sometimes attachments either show up improperly or not at all. 

Well I hope that comment helps and have a good day!

Jae Hee Jung님의 댓글

Jae Hee Jung 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

Thank you for your reply and more detailed comments. :)

I captured my worksheet and script which were written in the listening stage of my lesson plan (word file) and tried to attach them as a  jpg. file, but I can't find a way to upload it here.
So I just copied the script and the pre-listening questions and paste here below to let you know what they were about. I still don't know what was the problem and the reason why you could not have seen them.
I think it was my mistake not to think about some creative guiding questions. I just thought it would be okay to have students read the listening questions by themselves before listening. And I also thought it would be better to save time in other stages to focus more on the production stage. That's why other stages including listening stage got weaker.

Thank you again.:)

<<  Script>>
A: Look at this picture! It is a picture of my dad when he was my age.
B: Really? Who is your father among these three boys?
A: Here! In the middle! The one wearing a basketball uniform and a cap.
B: Oh! The boy holding a basketball. He is much taller than the boys.
B: Right! He was the tallest in his class. And as you can see, he was a basketball player then. He ran faster than others, too. So he could be a 
    good player.
A: The other day, you said your father always did well in school and he is a doctor now. Wow! He must have been popular than any other boy. 

1. True or False
  a. They are talking about their fathers.  (T/F)
  b. In the picture, the father looks taller than others. (T/F)

2. Find the father in the picture. (multiple choice question)
   (I'm sorry I can't brought the pictures here. I just write down what the picture is about)
      A. a doctor  B. a basketball player  C. a soccer player  D. a teacher

3. Choose one which is correct about the father. (multiple choice question)
  a. He is a basketball player now.
  b. He was popular than any other boy in school.
  c. He was taller than the other boys.
  d. He walked faster than other boys.

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A