Q&A

[Online TESOL] Online TESOL

Page

Name Taehyang Kim Date21-02-11 18:04 View1,877 Comment1

Content

Hi Allan!
Finally I got it!! ㅠ.ㅜ Thank you all!
I have few questions.
Could you recommond what I could do in "instruction" stage based on my lesson plan? I was really confused if what I wrote should be in writting stage or instruction stage. Instruction means make students write in a freer way and if I just have them do that then there's no difference with the meaningful activity in practice stage. Then students going to be super boring. So I decided to give them homework so they could learn and not getting bored in class. Another question is, I didn't know that lesson plan is for one class or it will be split into two classes like two days, and if it is for only one class, how much time will the class take, therefore it was really hard to set the time and decide what activities I should include. Maybe it's only me but I hoped the instruction was clearer when I took the test.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Taehyang,

No, the instructions for your writing stage should just stay in your writing stage.  In addition to that, I should have mentioned that we don't usually use the term "instruction" as a stage title; instead, we use "introduction".  Giving them homework was completely fine. 

As for your other question, lesson plans should be for either a single class or for a day's worth of classes.  You should not make one lesson plan for an entire week.  That being said, you should create a number of lesson plans that follow a theme for a week.  I apologize if that was not made clear. 

Anyhow, I hope that helps and have a great lunar new year and great weekend!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors