Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] A question about the answer of quiz

Page

Name Jiyoon Kim Date21-03-04 20:07 View2,068 Comment1

Content

Hello, Alan (I hope the spell is correct).
I'm Jiyoon Kim and I am taking Online TESOL right now. Your video is very helpful for my study and thank you so much.

I just have a question for quiz that I took last night.

It was from module 5 and the question was

How many different stages are there? Please write down as many stages as you can think of. How many stages do you think a lesson plan should include? Why?
and my answer was

1. Review: start with review so that students won't forget what they learned from the previous lesson. 2. Presentation: teacher presents new vocabulary or structures for the current lesson. 3. Practice - using visual aids such as flash card or real objects, teacher let students to practice some activities. 4. Writing - teacher asks students to write a few sentences related to the topic. 5. Reading - after the work, read a text together. I believe a lesson plan should include at least 5 stages. With these stages, teachers can give lesson more clearly to the students and class can move naturally to next lesson.

Here's your comment for my answer

Good explanation, but there are nine stages in total:  introduction, presentation, practice, production, reading, writing, speaking, listening, and review.  In addition to that, you did not write down how many stages you think a lesson plan should include. 

The question asked for how many but I didn't know I was supposed to write all the stages you mentioned in the video and since the question said "write down as many stages as you can think of" and that is why I wrote only 5 stages because I thought it was enough but it is my fault that I misunderstood. But you wrote on the comment that I didn't write down how many stages I think a lesson plan should include. However, if you look at my answer I did write "I believe a lesson plan should include at least 5 stages. With these stages, teachers can give lesson more clearly to the students and class can move naturally to next lesson. " I'm bit confused why this is not qualified for the answer and it would be very helpful if you give a comment about this before I review the video.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Jiyoon

Comment list

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and