Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Mid-term

Page

Name Hye yeon Shin Date16-05-04 06:35 View4,118 Comment3

Content

I choose the 5 words: what time, in the morning, in the afternoon, after school, in the evening. The topic is "daily life" with time expressions. With flash cards which show daliy routine such as "get up" and "go to bed" , I will present these words by asking students' daily routine in a time order. 1. What time: "What time do you get up?", "What time do you go to bed?, "What time do you have breakfast?" 2. In the morning "What do you usually do in the morning?", "In the morning, do you take a shower", "Are you always busy in the morning?" 3. in the afternoon "What do you do in the afternoon?", while showing flashcards, "What do they do in the afternoon?" "Do they play soccer in the afternoon?" 4. After school. "Where do you go after school?", "Do you go home after school?", "What do you want to do after school?" 5. In the evening, "In the evening, "In the evening, where are you?", "What do you do in the evening?", "In the evening, do you do your homework or watch TV ?"

In terms of the last questions, you mentioned like this:  "it would be better if you use 'yes or no', 'Wh-', or 'or."
However, in my answer, I think I include these type of questions.

Comment list

Allan님의 댓글

Allan 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Hye Yeon Shin,

You did include some of these questions, but if we take a look at your last questions, for example, you wrote:  "In the evening, where are you?", "What do you do in the evening?", "In the evening, do you do your homework or watch TV ?".  These questions are okay, but the first question is not a "yes/no" question, it is a "wh-" question.  The second question is a "wh-" question, not an "or" question.  The last question is an "or" question, not a "wh-" question.

While you did use these questions types, it is important to ask them in order from easiest to hardest, and that's why it is often best to ask a "yes/no" question first, then an "or" question, and then a "wh-" question.  That's why I slightly reduced your mark. 

Well, I hope that makes sense.  If not, please post again here, and I will get back to you! 

Have a wonderful day, and good luck on all future quizzes and tests!

Allan님의 댓글

Allan 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi again Hye Yeon Shin,

I took a look a second look at your answer, and while I still agree with what I originally stated, I think I was a bit too harsh when it came to assigning you a mark.  Therefor, I went back and slightly increased your mark. 

Have a nice day!

Hye yeon Shin님의 댓글

Hye yeon Shin 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글의 댓글 Date

I understand your point. you point out what I didn't think while taking a test, Thanks for your marking. There are a lot of things to think about for the effective teaching.

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors