Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 4-Quiz

Page

Name Chae Won Lee Date16-12-13 14:14 View2,982 Comment1

Content

How can we help guide our students into a reading activity. Write down a few of your ideas. 0.50

Answer :

To help guide our students into a reading activity, coming up with 5questions to get students motivated to read and having them look at the pictures and imagine is useful before reading. And also keep throw additional specific questions to students and expand from them. Second, we can give students a summary of the text with gaps, and make them guess the answer.

Teacher comment :

Good ideas, but you should have mentioned that these are examples of 'pre-reading' activities.

Hello. Good morning.
This is my first time to leave question to you.
I always appreciate your great and vivid lecture.
However,I wonder that  'before reading' and 'pre-reading' have same meaning.
Do I have to use an expression that same with yours?
Again, if I make confusion sorry for that.
But I meant the same one with your comment.
Please check this out one more time.
Always thanks for everything.
Bye.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Chae Won Lee,

That's actually a very good question.  While you did provide some examples of 'pre-reading' activities in your answer, and while you did mention that you would do these activities before reading, unfortunately I still want students to mention that they should use 'pre-reading' activities. 

The reason why I would like everyone to learn these specific titles/labels is so that I can clearly see that you have understood the lectures.  Furthermore, in the future, when you make lesson plans, it always best to use specific titles to organize your stages and activities.  This helps other teachers who may use your lesson plans in the future.  I believe that it is important to pick up teaching 'lingo'. 

Anyhow, I hope that makes sense.  Please don't worry so much about your mark, and have a good day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors